HOURS of OPERATION
Monday- Friday- 11:00am-5:00pm
Contact Sarah Garramone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218.428.4136 for more information
We We started our Farmers Market at the University of Minnesota Duluth's campus in 1999. We have evolved from a farmers only market to include arts and craft vendors in 2008 and carried that on until 2016.
2016 was our last year on campus as a farmers market, so we decided to try something new- a Pop-Up Shop. We submitted a proposal and were able to land the space. We are very excited to offer Market Day: A Winter Downtown for the 2016-2017 year. We will be featuring many of your favorite artists and growers from Market Day and many new ones too. We will offer classes in January varying from soap making, to basket weaving. Come check us out.
We accept debit, credit, EBT, cash and local checks
All Points Lead to Market Day
All vendors are local. The growers emphasize sustainability and many are organic. The artists produce art, sourcing locally, when able.
- Facebook-Market Day
- Twitter- Market Day
- Market Day Newsletter- Weekly Mailing during Market Season. Monthly during off-season
- Please read the MDA Rules for Farmers Markets on the MN Department of Agriculture website to see what items are legal to sell at farmers markets and what procedures are associated. These can change every year.
- MN Dept Of Agriculture: http://www.mda.state.mn.us/
- Pickle Bill Fact Sheet: http://www.mda.state.mn.us/food/safety/minn-food-code-fact-sheets/pickle-bill.aspx
- Poultry/Eggs Information: www.ams.usda.gov/poultry/resources/pypubs.htm#L3
- COGGS Cyclists of Gitchee Gumee Shores
- Duluth Area Cycling Guide
- The Superior Hiking Trail is an expansive system of trails that extends far beyond Duluth, but is a great way to explore the community.
- Duluth Outdoors is a website directory for local trails.
- Duluth's hilly landscape can make walking around town a challenge for some. Walking Routes on mapmywalk.com range from easy to challenging. Remember you can reward yourself by meeting the challenge with treats from the market!
This site has no affiliation with the University of Minnesota Duluth and is in process of changing the name.